Top 10 Interesting Facts About Budhia ( The World's Youngest Marathon Runner )
Budhia was born in 2002 and set the world record in 2006 . He is the only world's runner who completed the marathon race at the age of 4 . By doing this, he got listed his name in Limca Book of World Records. Know more Interesting facts about this amazing runner.
Interesting facts About Youngest Marathon Racer Budhia -
- Budhia is the youngest marathon runner in the world.
- At the age of 4 , Budhia set the record of running 65 kms in seven hours and two minutes.
- By the age 4 , Budhia had participated in 48 marathons and completed them as well.
- In 2006 , he was listed as World's Youngest Marathon Runner in the Limca Book of Records .
- After his birth , his mother sold him to passing peddler for merely 800 rupees. Later Biranchi Das paid the money to peddler and took him back and admitted him to orphanage .
- Biranchi Das came to know about Budhia's potential when he punished him by making him run .Biranchi forgot about the punishment and went away.When he came back after 5 hrs , he saw Budhia was still running.
- His Heart was found normal even after running for hours. That made Biranchi to train him for marathons .
- Budhia was featured in the Documentary called Marathon Boy made by HBO and BBC storyville which was nominated for an EMMY Awards .
- Budhia's Coach Biranchi Das was murdered in 2008 . After that Budhia lost his track and still seeking for some support .
- Last but not the least , The epic one. Budhia is suffering from malnutrition in Govt. Hostel . Indian Govt. do not bother to look after this talented racer.
So much thanks for reading this list of Interesting facts about Marathon Runner Budhia . Please share this with your friends and do comment and tell your views.