Whatsapp is the very well known Messenger that every mobile user has in his mobile. Few years ago, Facebook was a sensation but now Whatsapp has spread the revolution in the field of communication.
Everyone knows Mark Zuckerberg , who is the founder of Facebook and also owns the whatsapp . But Do you know Who was the founder of Whatsapp ?
I bet most of the peoples do not know the answer of this question . The answer is Whatsapp was founded by Brian Acton and Jan Koum and then facebook bought it .
Lets know more Interesting Facts about the famous and most used Messenger Whatsapp .
Top List of Interesting Facts About WhatsApp
About Company and Owners
- The name Whatsapp was given by Jan Koum from the term " WHAT'S UP " . He immediately chose the names as it sounded like " WHAT'S UP " .
- Brian Acton and Jan Koum in 2009 .
- Facebook bought WhatsApp for $19 billion on 19 feb. 2014
- Facebook finalised the deal on Valentine day and then bought after five days.
- Before Facebook ,Google offered tp pay $ 10 billion for Whatsapp .
- Whatsapp is Facebook's largest acquisitition ever.
- WhatsApp has serious Security Issues in 2011.
- WhatsApp has the most number of active users per engineer.
- As proved by Facebook,Whatsapp is worth more than the entire budget of NASA .
- There are 55 employees who are working in Whatsapp.
- Whatsapp is available in 32 languages in all the top mobile phones .
- Whatsapp is the # 1 messaging app service.
- Whatsapp was bought by Mark Zuckerberg after two years of informal talking with the Brian Acton and Jan koum .
- This was the Biggest ever Internet deal .
- Before selling Whatsapp, Brain Acton applied for a job in Facebook which was denied by Facebook .
- In January 2015 , Whatsapp launched web client of whatsapp which allows users to use the app on computers ( By using Bluestack ).
- WhatsApp has spent Zero Cash on marketing
- WhatsApp earns money by charging subscription fee .
- As of January 2015, 30 billion messages were sent and received daily .
- As of April 2015 , WhatsApp has more than 800 active users which is the highest users on any mobile messenger .
- In April 2015 , Forbes predicted that telecom companies will lose about $ 386 billion between 2012 -18 due to messaging services like whatsapp etc.
- There are more than 200 million voice notesget shared on whatsapp daily.
- A Single user spent avg . time of 195 mins. per week on whatsapp .
- Everyday , More than 1 million users get registered on whatsapp .
- Everyday , More than 700 pictures are shared on whatsapp .
- India has the largest number of active users on whatsapp .
- India has 70 million active users.
- 72 % of the users check their whatsapp everyday .
- 27 % of the selfies on the internet are due to whatsapp .
- 84 % of the mobile users in Argentina uses Whatsapp.
- 31 % of social messaging users in Ireland uses Whatsapp.
- 81 % iphone users in Italy uses Whatsapp
- 40 % Italian uses Whatsapp .
- 36 % mobile web users in UK uses whatsapp
- 57 % Indonesians Smartphone users have whatsapp
- 17 % Smartphone users in Finland uses Whatsapp
- 8 % US teens (14-17) uses Whatsapp daily.
- The average user checks whatsapp 23 times daily.
- An average user sends more than 1000 messages on the whatsapp per month.
- More than one million video messages are shared daily on whatsapp.
- Whatsapp had security issues in 2011 .
- In January 2012 , Whatsapp was removed from iOS due to some reasons but then re-added four days later.
- In MAY 2014 , Whatsapp was removed from windows store due to technical difficulties but re-added later .
Share these amazing facts with your friends.